Android refers to a software stack meant for mobile devices. It includes key applications, middleware and an
operating system. The Android SDK comes with the necessary APIs and tools that are necessary for the development
of applications on the platform. The applications are created using Java programming language by people who work
in android jobs . The integral features
of an android system are:
- Dalvik virtual machine that has been optimised for mobile devices
- GSM Telephony that is dependent on hardware
- GPS, accelerometer, compass and camera that is again hardware dependent
- A rich development environment that includes the tools for debugging, performance profiling and memory,
and device emulator
- An integrated browser that is based on the open source called WebKit engine.
- Media support in the form of video, audio and images
- SQLite meant for structured data storage
- Optimised graphics that are powered by 3D graphics and a custom 2D graphics library
- Application framework that enables component replacement and reuse
Android comprises a set of basic applications that includes a SMS program, maps, contacts, email client
and browser. The applications are created using the Java programming language.
Android developers work on an open development platform that helps to create innovative and rich
applications. The developers can take the advantage of the device hardware in order to set alarms, access
location information, add notifications to the status bar and operate background services.
Each of the applications comprises a set of systems and services that includes:
- An activity manager that is responsible for maintaining the lifecycle of applications and also a common
- An extensible and rich set of Views that can be used to develop grids, embeddable web browser, buttons,
lists and text boxes
- A resource manager that provides access to non-code resources including layout files, localised strings
- Content providers that help applications to fetch data from other applications or even enable them to share their data
- A notification manager that helps the applications to display the custom alerts that are featured in the status bar
The Android comprises C++/C libraries that are used by the different constituents of the Android system.
These capabilities are exhibited to developers using the Android application framework. The libraries that are used most often include:
- Media Libraries
- System C Library
- 3D libraries
Android developer jobs require the incumbent to be familiar with all these technicalities. In the past couple of years computers and laptops
have almost been superseded by smartphones. This can be attributed to the fact that these offer greater mobility. Mobiles are been developed with the Android application in place. These use Wi-Fi, UMTS, CDMA, Bluetooth, GSM and EDGE.
Android devices are meant to offer greater convenience to the users. It is the preferred choice for both developers and users. It is necessary to hire a professional android developer for creating such applications which are functional and at the same time cost-effective.